Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The final chapter! Birth story part 3

My epidural was finally fixed and my doctors was ganna come see me to see how much I have dilated. At around 6:30 she finally came and gave me quite a scare. She had told me that my babies heart rate was high again and she believes it is because of meconium (baby pooped) which can be dangerous for the baby. She was telling me how if it keeps going up I'll need a c-section, but hopefully it wouldn't come to that. She told me she can give me alittle more time to see what happeneds.

Before getting a c-section there was many other thing that can be done. My doctors was good about only doing one as last resort, and/or if one of us was in danger. One of the things was to insert an internal monitor to get a better reading of the baby's heart rate, but my water hasn't broken yet so they would need to break my water. By breaking my water it would also give them a definite answer if there was meconuim or not. If there was you would able to see a color difference in the water, it would be greenish rather then clear. But by breaking my water would put a count down on how much longer my labor can go before doing a c-section because the baby/placenta/umbilical cord needs the water/atomic fluid.

My doctor checked me and I was still only 4 centimeters dilated, so time was ticking on how much longer I'll be able to go before c-section. She told me if I wasn't 6 by the next time someone comes to check me they would have to break my water to see it would help progess my labor. They were ganna insert and internal monitor to get a better reading. 

By the time the doctor left was about 7:00am and the next shift of nurses were coming in. Staring at the monitor of my baby's heat rate was nerve reacting, I was watching it very closes and hoping it wouldn't go higher. 

Oh I totally forgot to mention how I was on oxygen throughout the night and now because of my consern for my baby I was on it again.

Time past and thank god the heart rate remained leveled but still high. Only nurses came in and out to keep an eye on it and to see how I was doing and if I needed anything. Finally around 10:00am the doctor came in. She gave me awhole talk on how if I wasn't 6 centimeters dilated she was ganna break my water. My doctor checked me and by everyone surprise I was 10 already to quate my doctor "oh, she's ready to go!! She's ten already!.. Wait,... Ya she's ready to go! 

My doctor broke my water since it didn't break on it's own, and it wasn't clear liquid which means there was meconium which was the cause of my baby's heart rate to be high. She put an internal monitor to get a better rating. (An internal monitor kinda looks like a tiny string that is placed on the baby's head)

When it's time to push they need to feel some kind of feeling in your legs so you'll be able to push and with the epidural you are sometimes not able to move your legs on your own. It's the weirdest/kinda creepy feeling not being to physical move your legs on your own, in my case I wasn't able to so they needed to lower the dosage by a lot since I was pretty much ready to go and still had no feeling. I don't know much about how the epidural works but I'm not sure if they lowered it or just turned it off but I was suddenly feeling things I didn't want to feel. The nurses kept saying "just tell me when you feel something like pressure and your ready to start pushing And well call the doctors in right away." I had no idea what to expect, how am I suppose to know when I'm ready to push I have never done this before! 

My body was shaking, I thought it was because of how nervous I was but the nurses told me that it's very normal and it's all part of the transition stage. They turned on music to try and calm me down a little but it didn't help I don't even remember the music. The nurses were so nice and funny they were a great distraction at the time. At around 10:20 I was feeling something different, I screamed to the nurses "I think I need to push it's hurting!" I was filled with fear and excitement, it was so exciting but yet terrifying at the same time. Doctor came in really fast, everyone was prepping for the big moment, it was a little overwhelming I didn't know what was going on. Suddenly my bed is being taken apart and there putting me in the right position. There was so many people in the room it was hard to focus on breathing, I had 3 doctors and 2 nurses and there was another 3 doctors for the baby. My oxygen mask was put back on which actually calmed me down more knowing that if I'm not breathing good the oxygen is taking care of it for me. I was holding a water bottle and I refused to let go of it, for some reason it was comforting me and I was using it to squeeze. 

I'll try not to be to graphic for the ending, I don't wanna scary anyone. 10:30 am feb 22 I started to feel like I needed to push, at 10:36 was my first push. I had no idea what I was doing the doctors where trying to explain it and show me how. 
Convo at delivery 
Nurse/docs: "no don't hold there hold here" "no not like that like this" 
Me: ah ... Like that?
Nurse/doc: "don't squeeze the handle pull, no your pushing the handle pull it if you push the handle your not push the baby out properly" 
Me: IT HURTS IT HURTS!! (in tears) 
Nurse/doc: maybe try holding your legs... Dad if your ganna pass out sit down because if you pass out no one will help you!
Me: I need to push again!
Nurses/docs: ok so push go! 
Me: I can't hold my legs it hurts..! Owww IT HURTS! 
Nurse: here hold me hand I'm right here. (Oh boy did she regret that one I squeezed her so hard she actually for bruised and had to change hands in middle because I hurt her arm. At some point the other nurse told me I can't hold her arm because I was hurting her but I didn't let go) 
Me: I need to push
Nurses/docs: ok good push
Me: AHH I CANT I CANT  to many people in the room to much going on I can't concentrate can you guys be quite!! 
My nurse went to the baby doctors and nurses and asked them to be quite 
Me: OWW IT HURTS I missed that one it hurts
Nurses/doc just tell us when you need to push again were right here 
Me: I need to push I need to push
Doc (shall I say a little bit of an annoying one) ok go good / I don't know what she was saying but I told her to be quite and stop talking, don't worry I apologize after the baby was born. My delivery doctor was amazing though I couldn't have done it with out her. 
Doc: I see hair your doing great your doing this all on your own
Me: kinda in tears, but so so happy to hear that "you see hair!? She has hair!? What color"
Doc: can't tell looks dark we'll see when we clean her up
Me: I'm pushing again Kay?
Doc: of course don't ask!! Just Push!!!
I finally realized that by not pushing it hurts more then pushing so I finally just pushed through the whole thing in stead of stoping to push because it hurt and finally at 11:06 she was out! It was the biggest relief ever! 

Ok this may sound gross but the feeling when the head came out felt like a crock popping out of a bottle ... I won't say more of the gory details! After the head came out I just laid back and let them do the rest. 

Because there was meconium they couldn't have that to me right away they have to take her to get cleaned up first. They didn't say "it's a girl" I remember asking if it's still a girl and they all laughed and said yes she's a girl! 8.03lbs I heard a nurse say and I was so in shock how such a big baby came out of me when I looked so small!! While they were getting the placenta out I was busy crying saying how she finally came out! My husband was there holding the baby while they cleaned her up and my doctor was busy taking lots of pictures for us, I kept saying show me the pictures but then as soon as she was about to show me them I said no I want to see her for the first time in real!

Unfortunately I ripped and they were  busy stitching me up, I was getting so anxious and kept asking if there don't yet. So finally they brought me my beautiful baby girl and I burst into tears. "I have a baby, she came out, I have a baby! She's so cute, she finally came out!" It was the best and greatest feeling In the world seeing her for the first time. I can't describe the feeling it was something I have never felt before it was a feeling of relief, excitement and so much more! 

The rest is all boring stuff, the main part is that she was finally born and healthy!!! 

Happy motherhood!!! 

No comments: